So here is my situation. I have been receiving phone messages daily from NCO Financial company stating that I have an outstanding debt.

Now this struck me by surprise. It just did not sound right since I always pay my bills on time. Just to make sure, I also checked my credit report. It was verified that I owed nothing and also confirmed there were no late payments.

So what can I do to get them to stop harrassing me with their phone calls? Are they a legitimate company? Is there any way for us consumers to fight back.

I am totally pissed!!! For all I know, they could be involved with identity fraud!

Comments

Ann, you did the right thing. I work for NCO, it can take up to 24 hours (it's usually instant though) by putting a letter next to your phone number that skips it when we are auto dialing.

When we are not auto dialing, we can see that it was an old phone number for the debtor and it will be erased completely when that account comes up again. The problem is the system that we use to get the phone numbers for people never gets updated, so it's always on file.

If the person never reaches nco and the debt is consumed by another agency that uses the same system we do-you'll have to tell them that your not that person and have that you've had that number for years. Easy process, it's just harder to tell people that when they don't answer ;)

I worked for NCO as a patient advocate other wise known as EPALS you will find them in hospitals....after leaving the company i received my last pay check and found they had deducted for my medical, life, dental, vision, 401k, and disablity insurance. over 400.00 to only find out 3 months later they never paid any of my insurances or 401k.

then federal laws states a company has 30 days to sent cobra packet....they waited 90 days to send mine and only after i filed a complaint with the labor board. IF AN EPAL COMES INTO YOUR ROOM AT ANY HOSPITAL RUN LIKE ***....AS THEY USE ALL THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE THEM ON THE COLLECTION AS WELL.

to sheila fritsch Independence, Wisconsin, United States #675593

What goes around comes around. After what you've done to people in your life, such as stalking, harrassing, identity theft, etc. You deserve what negative comes your way.

to anonymous Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1258030

lmao...sorry never stalked anyone or harassed or did identity theft on anyone.... but I think I know who this is....

how is the country lock up working for ya. bahahahahahha

I too have been getting harrassed by a bill that has been totally paid in full already from these people. I am sending payment receipts and records via certified mail. Check out www.ftc.gov for your rights.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #360933

I received a letter from them, as well as some messages on my home and cell phone. The information on the letter did not seem familiar to me, so after researching them on the internet and seeing how many issues people have, I typed up a debt verification letter to send via certified mail.

I happened to answer a call from them on my cell (different number than they usually use), and I informed the guy right away that they would be receiving a letter from me via certified mail in the next couple days. He started accusing me of running away from my obligation and insisting that the only "proper" way to deal with the issue is to talk to him right now. I informed him that I was sending a debt verification letter, requesting proof of what they claim I owe. He referenced a credit card I haven't had for years and said that if I would just handle this now, it would be better for me.

I informed him he should have no problem providing the proof and documentation my letter requests, if he is legit, he said "we've sent you all the proof, what more can you want?" When I asked what proof they've sent, he said "well, clearly I need you to talk to my supervisor." I informed him there was no need, he'd get my letter, and to stop calling, then I hung up. And there's no way his "supervisor" was going to be anyone other than the guy at the next desk.

This company is a scam. My only debts are from student loans, and those are being paid on time. Don't let this company scam you.

Go online and find a lawyer, www.creditlaw.com. Free service.

They can help get the calls to stop. They helped me.

Also document every call, date time and who you spoke to. also photograph your caller id for every number they call you from.

i moved and received a new phone #, and within this first 2 week period i have received 15 phone calls from this nco financial. when i asked them how they were and why they are calling me they hangup on me.

they are using multiple phone # to contact me. the #'s with an area code i have blocked but the 800 #'s i have no recourse about. help!

i have only had this phone # 2 weeks and no one but my sister has the # as yet. what can i do???

I received 2 days in a row a letter from NCO Financial systems. They say I owe them $ 3,751.

they said the purchased the account to WFNNB. I request my credit reports on line. I don't owe any money to NCO or WFNNB.

What can I do? just ignore them or call them?

They have placed something on my credit report for a debt that isn't mine but someone with a similiar name stationed at the same place - how it it possible that you have to give all the information in the world to get credit but when it isn't paid they can just attach to anyone rather than the correct social security number?

So today I get home from work to find a letter from NCO in my mailbox. They claim I owe for a "past due loan".

I called to find out that they are attempting to collect on a car loan I paid off in 2007. I actually have the title to my car in my hand. I called my bank, who was the lien holder, to inquire only to find that they have NO IDEA what this letter is about. Fortunately, thanks to all of you and your helpful info I was smart enough not to give any personal info to NCO when I called.

Close call. Definitley a SCAM!

I keep getting phone calls at work, and is always the same scam,when I called back first a carissa green from URS then a Bryan from NCO,turns out all these companys share the same source I believe is lexis nexis...big scam they are always looking for somebody else....

I received a letter stating I owed 500.00 to a place I've never even been to. I tried calling, sat on hold for almost an hour, tried to leave a message by pressing one and no surprize, the mailbox is full.

This is a complete scam, as the 'hospital' they say I owe money to is in a state so far away from me and I haven't ever even been to this city in that state in my life...

this is nuts. I'll be calling the 'company' direct.

Yeah, same, they kept calling me and calling me, from an unknown number (i never pick that up). Finally picked it up today, got the skinny that I owed company X some money.

They kept insisting that I comply with them and get it payed off, i finally told them that I would give them no more information until i contacted legal representation. Then the guy (DANIEL) on the phone snorted and laughed and said something about legal representation, and then i hung up. I immediately called Company X and got the real story, paid them the money, and they will send NCO a letter for them to stop calling me and harassing me.

Within 72 hours. This is your best bet people, talk to them, ask them what company it is from, when they give you the information, refuse to give them (NCO) any further information and turn around and call the company in question, settle it with that company, and then NCO will be forced to stop harassing you, and obviously take down anything they gave to the credit bureau.

I've been getting phone calls from them also, and they disconnect as soon as I answer the phone. Thank goodness the name and ph number shows up on my TV.

I called them back and they are looking for some other person but have my phone #. I have been trying to get people with this last name out of my life for the past 6-7 years. They first appeared on my credit report...the only information that could possibly connect us was that we had the same first name!!! I found out they get their information from a company called Lexis Nexis.

I called them to get the information straightened out.

Their ph # is 888-497-0011. Maybe if they get enough phone calls from people whose information is incorrect, they will be more diligent in checking the information.

#292054

I get calls from these people everyday asking me to return the call to Mr. so and so.

I finally called them back and the woman I spoke with said it was a mistake and my name had already been removed from the call list. well, the next day I got another call.

That's when I looked em up on the internet. What a bunch of ***.

Dianne1974

They call me daily asking for someone that I do not know. ANNOYING! I am really pissed.

This company is BS!!! They keep calling and asking me for money on a debt, I said listen I don't mind paying my debt but send me something in writting to show what I owe, and they said we don't do that..

huh??? I asked a manager the same thing and he hung up on me..

I'm filing a dispute to have this removed.. DON"T TRUST THESE PEOPLE

They called me a bunch of times and wanted me to call them back, but that sounds like reverse telemarketing for those of us on the "do not call" list. They would make up some ridiculous name, "Victorino Cannibus" owes us $$ and this is the phone # he gave.

I picked up phone on friday & they put me on hold, so I hung up cause if you call me, don't do that! They called again and this time I got the human. I told him no such person w/ that name lived here and that they got scammed.

He promised to take my # off his list. Let's see how that goes.